Incorporating in Existing .NET RIA Application

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I have a currrent .NET RIA application that I want to incorporate the Silverlight File Upload control into.  I have tried a lot of things, but with no success at all.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do this?  I have even tried to bring this code into my project, but I think the problem lies somewhere in the HTTPHandler, and this is new ground for me on many levels.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Well, I didn't find any articlea on how to do this.  The reason is that there is no simple, and straight forward way to do it.

I basically brought in the XAML files into my silverlight app, along with the code and image files needed to run them (I don't have a list of them).  I then added a reference in my .WEB project to the 'FileUpload' project.  I brought in the FileUpload.ashx file into the .WEB project. 

On my control that was the container of the FileUploadControl in the Silverlight project, I had to set all of the variables for the FileUploadControl instance.  You can find the basic settings in the app.config.cs in the project that was downloaded.

I know that this isn't a nice and easy to follow list of things to do, and it may not even be complete.  It took me 4 days of beating my head against the wall.  I hope this will help whomever get a jumpstart on doing themselves.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.