Does it work in .net 2.0 framework

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Hi,
Does this file upload work with only .net 2.0 framework installed in the server machine?

Like i am getting the below error in the machines with only .net 2.0 framework installed.

The type 'System.Web.UI.IScriptControl' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. 

Any other way to get around this problem other than installing .net 3.5 framework in the server machine.

Any comments here are welcome.
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I've added an example using .Net 2.0.  Hopefully it will help out. It is under TestSolutions/DotNet2 in the latest source code download.

Darick

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:52 AM
Darick,
Thank you very much. It works like a charm!!!

I have a question like why is it faster than your Flash/Flex file upload control?
Like my intial tests show it is 4x faster than your flash/flex file upload control.

Other than being fast any cost savings being acheived with this control? Like bandwidth consumption being reduced.

Please do let me know your thoughts here.
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM
Honestly I don't know why it would be faster. It is handling the uploading a little differently. I believe the flash upload wraps it into a html form to upload, where the silverlight one uploads the raw bytes. This should also reduce bandwidth consumption, though maybe not since the silverlight one uploads in chunks which results in a couple round trips for each chunk. So it would depend on the size of the file and the size of the chunks as to how many chunks are used. It seems to be a little more reliable also, no #2038 error. Plus I like silverlight better, more experience with it so it is easier/faster to make some changes.

Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:52:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Does it work in .net 2.0 framework [SilverlightFileUpld:43202]

Darick,
Thank you very much. It works like a charm!!!

I have a question like why is it faster than your Flash/Flex file upload control?
Like my intial tests show it is 4x faster than your flash/flex file upload control.

Other than being fast any cost savings being acheived with this control? Like bandwidth consumption being reduced.

Please do let me know your thoughts here.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SilverlightFileUpld@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SilverlightFileUpld@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.