Debugging Project

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM

How do you debug the Silverlight part of the project (i.e.-code in the FileUpload.cs)?

When playing the pages in the website, it never hits any breakpoints in the Silverlight project.

Playing the SL project directly doesn't allow you to debug code in the FileUpload.cs because it

has to work with the SilverlightFileUpload library.

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:04 PM
If you are using the MultiFileUploadControl server control, then it does not use the xap file from the FileUpload project but instead the FileUpload.xap frol the SilverlightFileUpload project. If you want to debug or see changes made to the FileUplaod project (the silverlight project) then set FileUploadTestPage.aspx as the startup page (right click on it and select "Set as Start Page"). Then once finished, copy the new xap to the SilverlightFileUpload project so the server control can be used if that is what is desired.

Hope this helps,
Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:12:50 -0700
Subject: Debugging Project [SilverlightFileUpld:63668]

How do you debug the Silverlight part of the project (i.e.-code in the FileUpload.cs)?
When playing the pages in the website, it never hits any breakpoints in the Silverlight project.
Playing the SL project directly doesn't allow you to debug those sections either.
Thanks!

NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone. Click here.
Jul 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM
darick_c wrote:
If you are using the MultiFileUploadControl server control, then it does not use the xap file from the FileUpload project but instead the FileUpload.xap frol the SilverlightFileUpload project. If you want to debug or see changes made to the FileUplaod project (the silverlight project) then set FileUploadTestPage.aspx as the startup page (right click on it and select "Set as Start Page"). Then once finished, copy the new xap to the SilverlightFileUpload project so the server control can be used if that is what is desired.

Hope this helps,
Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:12:50 -0700
Subject: Debugging Project [SilverlightFileUpld:63668]

Playing the SL project directly doesn't allow you to debug those sections either.
Thanks!

NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone. Click here.

Awesome! I reopened the project and it works great. Thanks for the info.

You have made some awesome apps!

Thanks Darick!!!