Hosting File Upload control in SharePoint Site

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:49 PM
Awesome control!!!

I have evaluated this control to host it in SharePoint site. I can think of two approaches of doing it and issues related to each of the approach are depicted below
1. Keeping Assemblies in GAC: This source code refers to the FJ.Core.dll assembly which is not strongly named. So I could not find out the way to mark the required assemlies as strongly named.
     WorkAround: If there is any way to mark the FJ.Core.dll assembly strongly named then we are good to go :)
2. Keeping Assemblies in Web Application Folder(Inetput\wss\[WebAppPortNo]\bin): I haven't tried this approach but I guess it will work as assemblied doesn't need to be strongly named.
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 9:06 PM
I would try the second option. You might be able to get your hands on the source code for the fj.core.dll but you would have to visit their site to see if it is available. But I would try the second option first to see if it will work.
Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:49:34 -0800
Subject: Hosting File Upload control in SharePoint Site [SilverlightFileUpld:49093]

Awesome control!!!

I have evaluated this control to host it in SharePoint site. I can think of two approaches of doing it and issues related to each of the approach are depicted below
1. Keeping Assemblies in GAC: This source code refers to the FJ.Core.dll assembly which is not strongly named. So I could not find out the way to mark the required assemlies as strongly named.
WorkAround: If there is any way to mark the FJ.Core.dll assembly strongly named then we are good to go :)
2. Keeping Assemblies in Web Application Folder(Inetput\wss\[WebAppPortNo]\bin): I haven't tried this approach but I guess it will work as assemblied doesn't need to be strongly named.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SilverlightFileUpld@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SilverlightFileUpld@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.
Mar 4, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Hi Darick,

I have tried the first option. I have commented the source code which was refering to the FJ.Core.dll API's. And it worked for me.

Truly an great control!!! You have saved lot of my dev time.

Thanks a lot
DB