Skin

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Is there a way to skin the control, or at least change the colors?
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2008 at 9:49 PM
Not without going in and editing the silverlight source, which you are free to do.

To: darick_c@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:48:54 -0800
Subject: Skin [SilverlightFileUpld:41818]

.ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {border-top:1px solid #ccc;color:gray;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} .ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {color:gray;border-top:1px solid #ccc;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} From: caldane
Is there a way to skin the control, or at least change the colors?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SilverlightFileUpld@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SilverlightFileUpld@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live
Dec 9, 2008 at 3:39 PM
I am using vs2008 express and it will not let me open the fileupload project, the other two project pull up fine.
The error I get is:

The project file '...\FileUpload\FileUpload.csproj' cannot be opened.
The project type is not supported by this installation.

Do you know what I am doing wrong per chance?

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Do you have the silverlight tools for Visual Studio installed?  Go here and follow the directions: http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/.
Darick
Dec 10, 2008 at 4:29 AM
Edited Dec 10, 2008 at 4:29 AM
Ok, I am a moron, I downloaded the runtime but not the tools.
Once I downloaded the tools as well, everything opens up great.
Just for reference (in case anyone wanted to know) this works perfectly with vs2008 express for web development and the silverlight tools installed.
Thanks again for the help!
Jul 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the app and the posts, it great reading though when you are just being I have learn't so much.  I was hoping that you may be able to save me some time though.  I have been playing around trying to change design elements of the uploader and I have changed values in the page.xaml and then rebuilt but nothing happens.  Can anyone spare a minute or two and advise me one what I may be doing wrong.  Once I figure out what does what I should be able to play and make the changes I want to do.

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2009 at 4:38 AM
If you are using the sample application and using the server control, it has the xap as a resource. So you will need to replace the xap file in the business layer by copying the new one.
Hope this helps,
Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:52:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Skin [SilverlightFileUpld:41818]

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the app and the posts, it great reading though when you are just being I have learn't so much. I was hoping that you may be able to save me some time though. I have been playing around trying to change design elements of the uploader and I have changed values in the page.xaml and then rebuilt but nothing happens. Can anyone spare a minute or two and advise me one what I may be doing wrong. Once I figure out what does what I should be able to play and make the changes I want to do.

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.