Handler not Recognized

Aug 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I am new to Silverlight. I had a similar requirement of File Upload, so i used this sample.

It worked fine when executed locally. But when hosted on IIS5.1/6/7 i get the error as

Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at System.Net.DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at DC.FileUpload.client_DownloadStringCompleted(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e) at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadStringCompleted(DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadStringOperationCompleted(Object arg)

I knew that this error is because of the inability of IIS to recognize the HttpHandler.  I have spent hours on this issue. I even tried giving a reference to the handler in the web.config.

If possible, can you please share me the steps to host this application in IIS(preferrably with the Handler).

Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks.